返回列表 回复 发帖

在pauk对战的战报里发现一段让人捧腹的评语

I thought we Brits were the ultimate underdog supporters
, g4 r$ Z( J, Z8 s" l: u2 k
% {/ E3 t: u/ g+ R7 d: RWanting the trojans to win + S5 b' ^/ x/ @4 v6 o
supporting the confederacy (not slavery though) . i3 t+ _3 \! M
cheering on vercengetorix (even though he's french )
1 ^4 ]4 q" o: @4 Q9 @5 N, ^supporting (eventually ) an israeli state even after the brutal
3 ^4 c7 v* A! [: k. o& _$ scivil war, and now i want to support the palestinains as we really let them down in the 1st 30 years of the 20th century.(not condoning suicide bombing in any way) - v( f+ z! G$ X: t/ S
morally supporting the finns vs the USSR in 39, and shamefully not sending men, although that was ) S4 E/ h" L8 a# v6 r& ~% W7 B
primarily stopped by norway and sweden.
  }. c& T* O0 U6 `2 j( k/ Dand oddly likeing Napoleon as a great man while plotting his downfall and exile.
# k6 W9 j% a8 v# W& p5 Tsame with Rommel , almost a folk hero to some vets even though he was the enemy. (first hand testimony from an ex-pow held in italy ).
) z( B- [4 r; D2 g! R* Qsupporting protestanism <sp> against the all powerful catholic church from 1548 onwards ( again though nowt to do with real religous conviction but just convenience).
9 S" x! d2 g4 r4 L: E2 g' E/ phuge respect for Yuglavia's and greece's(crete esp) partisan actions during WW2. ( Y- g% c$ d# @9 ]( N) L
Rome vs the all conquoring huns held at bay finally in eastern france.
翻译翻译,这段英语不太好理解
一万年太久,只争朝夕!
字面上看标题是说英国人总支持受欺压的民族,不过怀疑是在笑话英国人墙头草?一会儿支持这个一会儿支持那个
应该是在自嘲英国人总是在口头上无原则支持弱者,在精神上和行动上总是背道而驰。
. @! S7 G2 L5 I4 N. t: q7 s最绝的就是对苏芬战争,英国立场的评价+ J' v& \/ R- {. {3 M6 R
4 D/ _2 `: [) i3 T4 V5 c* E
[ 本帖最后由 reninhat 于 2007-2-14 16:27 编辑 ]
岛国吗,很正常,日本人不也尊崇楠木正成和真田幸村。
: }) p; Q4 D3 _2 |5 T1 g% c; t, F/ ]. |# n; K. _; {/ {
潜意识的解释:人在大海面前总是渺小的,海上的生活是命运无常的,敢于出海=敢于挑战不可战胜的、未可知的强权。
Soldiers and sailors would fight like madmen to hang on to the red-light district . . . wouldn’t they?
那也不一定吧,纳瓦里诺又怎么解释?盎格鲁撒克逊民族称雄四百年自有它的道理。苏芬战争怎么啦,英国好歹给了不少军火,自诩为芬兰最好的朋友和保护者的纳粹德国可是干瞪眼什么也没干哪。
Soldiers and sailors would fight like madmen to hang on to the red-light district . . . wouldn’t they?
返回列表